- WARM INSULATION: Experience durability at its peak with the Smartwool PhD Outdoor Heavy Crew Socks. These socks are built for performance in the highest degree, making them ready for any adventure on your list while keeping your feet toasty warm and dry even in the harshest conditions.
- COMFORTABLE FIT: The Virtually Seamless toe and 4 Degree fit system on the PhD Outdoor Heavy Crew Socks provides a performance-oriented fit with an ankle flex zone for enhanced comfort all day long.
- DURABLE YET BREATHABLE: Whether you’re mountaineering, running, multi-day backpacking, hiking, or just shoveling snow in the dead of winter, the Indestructawool technology and body-mapped mesh zones featured on the PhD Outdoor Heavy Crew Socks provides exceptional durability and breathability all season long.
- HEAVY CUSHION: The heavily cushioned bottom on the PhD Outdoor Heavy Crew Socks will provide you with impact absorption and warmth. Specially designed for extended excursions, these socks will help push through even the most intense workouts.
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: Comprised of 68% Merino Wool, 30% Nylon, and 2% Elastane, the PhD Outdoor Heavy Crew Socks should be machine washed inside out in warm water and tumble dried on low. These socks should not be bleached, ironed, or dry cleaned.
Details: Experience durability at its peak with the Smartwool PhD Outdoor Heavy Crew Socks. These socks are built for performance in the highest degree, making them ready for any adventure on your list while keeping your feet toasty warm and dry even in the harshest conditions.
The Smartwool community is a collection of people who believe that time outside is valuable, restorative, and essential for everyone.
When Smartwool started making socks back in 1994, their founders simply wanted to be able to ski longer without getting cold toes.
That’s when they discovered the benefits of Merino wool as a performance fabric. It was soft (softer than any wool they had every felt), moisture-wicking, thermoregulating (warm when it’s cold, and cool when it’s warm), sustainable, and odor-neutralizing- helping to keep feet dry, comfortable, and warm for longer than the synthetic socks they were wearing at the time. It worked so well, in fact, that Smartwool uses it in almost every single item they make.
Smartwool was the first outdoor company to make performance Merino wool ski socks- revolutionizing the category and forever changing the way outdoor enthusiasts viewed their feet.
Smartwool’s whole brand was built on the desire to be comfortable on outdoor adventures-we wanted to go farther and experience more. And that drive continues to fuel everything Smartwool does. From their Merino wool supply chain to the Smartwool advocacy program to how they design their socks and apparel, Smartwool exists to help you play, love, and laugh in the great outdoors as often as you would like.